Corpus Christi Hit and Run Accident Lawyers
If you were the victim of a hit-and-run accident in Corpus Christi, the attorneys of Brunkenhoefer, P.C. Injury Attorneys could help you get the justice you deserve. We firmly believe that those responsible for causing injuries and property damage in a hit and run accident should be held accountable for their actions. We stand by victims of these accidents, and we will work hard to see that they get the fair compensation they are owed.
With 25 years of personal injury experience, the dedicated and compassionate attorneys at Brunkenhoefer, P.C. Injury Attorneys know how to handle car accident cases, especially hit-and-run claims. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a hit and run accident, contact the experienced Corpus Christi car accident attorneys at Brunkenhoefer, P.C. Injury Attorneys by calling 361-888-8808, filling out a contact form, or by chatting with us on our website.
Do I Need a Lawyer?
If you or a loved has been the victim of a hit and run accident, it is important that you contact a car accident attorney as soon as possible. You may be dealing with severe injuries and might not know how you’re going to pay your medical bills. The vehicle you rely on to get to work, school, and other obligations might be severely damaged or totaled. The stress of recovery and the financial burdens of a hit and run accident can be too much to bear.
Contacting the attorneys at Brunkenhoefer, P.C. Injury Attorneys can help you alleviate this stress. We are ready to help you get the compensation you need to pay your bills and move on with your life after the hit-and-run accident. Money can’t prevent the crash from ever happening or prevent you from getting hurt, but financial compensation could help you get your life back on track after the crash.
Why Choose Brunkenhoefer, P.C. Injury Attorneys?
The highly qualified and compassionate attorneys at Brunkenhoefer, P.C. Injury Attorneys have been handling personal injury cases in Corpus Christi for over 40 years. We go above and beyond for our clients. We believe it is our duty to get you the maximum amount of compensation and see to it that justice is served. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, so you won’t owe us a penny unless we secure compensation for your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have dealt with many cases involving hit and run accidents. If you have been the victim of a hit and run, you probably have questions about your rights and legal options. We have compiled some of the most frequently asked questions that we hope you find helpful. If you have other questions or need more information, please don’t hesitate to call our knowledgeable legal team at 361-888-8808.
What constitutes a hit and run accident?
A hit and run accident is an accident where a driver intentionally leaves the scene of the accident without stopping and giving contact information. According to Texas Transportation Code Title 7 § 550.021, the driver of a vehicle involved in a crash that results in or is reasonably likely to result in injury or death of a person must:
1. Immediately stop the car at the scene of the accident or as close to the scene as possible.
2. Immediately return to the scene of the accident if the vehicle is not stopped at the scene of the accident.
3. Immediately determine whether a person is involved in the accident and whether that person requires aid. If a person requires aid, the driver must stay until that person gets the help they need.
4. Remain at the scene of the accident until the driver shows their license and gives their contact, insurance, and registration information to the other people involved in the crash, or to the proper authority.
A driver’s failure to comply with these requirements constitutes a hit and run and is punishable by jail and fines, depending on the circumstances of the accidents. According to Texas Transportation Code Title 7 § 551.021, the driver of a hit and run is:
1. Guilty of a felony of the second degree if the accident causes someone to die. Under Texas law, a person guilty of a felony of the second degree may be punished by imprisonment for a term of not less than 2 years and not more than 20 years. Additionally, an individual guilty of a felony of the second degree may be punished by a fine not to exceed $10,000.
2. Guilty of a felony of the third degree if serious bodily injury results. Under Texas law, a person guilty of a felony of the third degree may be punished by imprisonment for a term of not less than 2 years and not more than 10 years. Additionally, an individual guilty of a felony of the third degree may be punished by a fine not to exceed $10,000.
Punishment for the driver of a hit and run that does not result in death or serious bodily injury can include penalties of up to five years in prison, or up to one year in county jail. It may also include a fine not to exceed $5,000.
What should I do after a hit and run accident?
While you will undoubtedly be in shock if you are the victim of a hit and run, staying calm and gathering as much information as possible is vital to helping police catch the driver of the hit and run. The information may also help when you file an insurance claim. If you have been the victim of a hit and run, it is essential to:
1. Get as much information about the car as possible, including make, model, license plate number, and color.
2. Get the names and contact information of any witnesses.
3. Take pictures of the accident scene.
4. Write down the time and location where the hit and run occurred.
5. Contact the police.
It is important to note that you should also always seek medical treatment following an accident, even if you don’t believe that you are badly hurt. Some injuries do not appear until after the shock and adrenaline have worn off, so make sure to schedule an appointment for a thorough diagnosis right away.
Should I file a police report after a hit and run the accident?
Filing a report with the police after being the victim of a hit and run is important and should always be done. This will allow the police to try and locate the driver and will help with any insurance claims. When contacting the police, give them the names and contact information of any witnesses, all the information you have about the car, the time and location of the accident, and any other relevant information.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a hit and run accident, the Corpus Christi hit and run accident lawyers are here to help. With over four decades of experience in personal injury law, we know how to get results for you. Contact Brunkenhoefer, P.C. Injury Attorneys today for a free consultation by calling us at 361-888-8808, chatting live with us on our site, or by filling out a contact form. We’re ready to help you, so call us now.